I cannot install the AROFLY sensor on the tire valve.
Confirm the type of cycle tire valve. The AROFLY sensor can only be used on the rear tire valve, with a Schrader or Presta valve. For the Schrader valve, the AROFLY sensor can be installed directly, and for the Presta valve, please use the adapter included. Ensure that the pin on the Presta valve is open all the way up, then screw on the Presta valve adapter. Ensure you can see or touch the pin on the Presta valve adapter. Then only, screw the AROFLY Sensor on the adapter. You will hear an air sound indicating that the AROFLY sensor pin and the Presta valve pin, have made contact. Continue to screw down quickly and tighten.
AROFLY sensor cannot connect with the ELITE GPS Bike Computer
- Please confirm the power source is “ON”. (1) Remember to remove the Insulation Tab from the AROFLY sensor. (2) Check if the battery level of the AROFLY sensor or CADENCE sensor is LOW or EMPTY.
Pull and Remove insulation tab from AROFLY AROFLY sensor
Change the battery for the AROFLY sensor CADENCE sensor
Change the battery for the CADENCE sensor
- When the ELITE GPS Bike Computer is searching for the AROFLY sensor, it is important to simultaneously WAKE UP the AROFLY sensor, by gently tapping or knocking the AROFLY sensor. You will see the battery indicator of the AROFLY sensor on the ELITE GPS Bike Computer.
- When connecting all sensors, check for any interference from other Bluetooth devices in the approximate area. If possible, try to re-connect in an area with less interference from Bluetooth signals.
- Avoid barriers between the ELITE GPS Bike Computer and the sensors, and keep connecting within 20 meters.
Will air escape after installing the AROFLY sensor ?
Tightly twist the AROFLY sensor on the tire valve. This will act like a normal tire valve cap. If the ELITE GPS Bike Computer shows, low tire pressure because the tire was not inflated for a long time, it is normal to see “low tire pressure”. The tire should be inflated to the correct tire pressure.
The riding data is abnormal
1. Please do not use the AROFLY sensor on tires containing a sealant.
2. Low tire pressure: The tire pressure is not at optimal level as per the tire manufacturer’s suggested range. Please inflate your tire to the optimal tire pressure.
3. The BIKE TYPE and Wheel size is not set correctly in the ELITE GPS Bike Computer.
4. The cyclist’s BODY WEIGHT is not set correctly in the ELITE GPS Bike Computer.
5. AROFLY sensor, MUST be installed ONLY on the REAR tire. Ensure it is installed correctly.
6. When training indoors, please ensure to use the correct Indoor training equipment. The AROFLY system requires the bike’s rear tire to be on the rollers.
Please use the complete roller type, which is, (one roller in front and two rollers at the back) or the rear roller type, which is, (a tripod in the front and a roller behind). It performs better on rollers without the resistance attached.
Rear roller type
7. Please confirm whether the INDOOR/OUTDOOR mode is selected correctly.
Why is it always showing low pressure?
When the tire pressure is at the optimal, but, there is always a warning of ” low tire pressure”. Please check and be sure of the correct bike type and wheel size selection.
Can the CADENCE sensor only be attached on the left crank?
Yes, please attach the CADENCE sensor only on the left crank to avoid sticking with the chainring. Besides, we also provide the L/R Pedal Ratio, attaching on the left crank can provide more accurate data.
No Power output displayed on the ELITE GPS Bike Computer
-Please confirm whether the valve pin has touched the AROFLY sensor Pin. The ELITE GPS Bike Computer will show warning of “CHECK VALVE” for this situation.
– For the Presta valve, please confirm that the Valve Pin has been loosened and extended completely for the two pins to touch each other allowing the tire air to go through the AROFLY sensor. The ELITE GPS Bike Computer will show a warning of “CHECK VALVE” for this situation.
Reminder messages display on the ELITE GPS Bike Computer
1. Reminder Message: INDOOR STILL ON
While riding outdoor, if the “Indoor Mode”, is still on. It shows “ INDOOR STILL ON”
Please turn off the Indoor Mode by going to the SET MODE on the ELITE GPS Bike Computer.
(Please refer to the quick start guide, how to use “SET MODE”)
2. Reminder Message: LOW TIRE PRESSURE
If this message shows on the ELITE GPS Bike Computer, please check the following:
(1) Check whether the tire pressure is at optimal level as the tire manufacturer’s
suggested range. (Such as Road Bike 90~120 psi ; Mountain Bike 35~65psi)
(2) Ensure that the AROFLY sensor has been twisted tight, to avoid air leakage
(3) If the tire is punctured to cause air leakage?
* For Road bikes, if the tire pressure is lower than 80psi, will see the “Low Tire Pressure” reminder.
* For Mountain bikes, if tire pressure is lower than 35psi, will see the “Low Tire Pressure” reminder.
-Reminder Message: CHECK VALVE
The tire air did not go in the AROFLY sensor for the detection. Please re-install the sensor and twist it tightly. Check for cross thread when twisting the AROFLY sensor on the tire valve.
Do I have to update the firmware?
For best performance on your device, please ensure to keep the firmware updated.
How to update the firmware?
Connecting ELITE GPS Bike Computer to the AROFLY APP, will allow you to check and install the latest firmware.
In general situation, how to make sure if AROFLY ELITE GPS Bike Computer has successfully paired with AROFLY sensor and CADENCE sensor?
*AROFLY sensor—When paired successfully, the icon of AROFLY Sensor Battery Indicator will be shown on the upper left corner of AROFLY ELITE GPS Bike Computer.
*CADENCE sensor—When paired successfully, the column of CADENCE will show “0”. If not, it will show” — “. (shows a line)
How do I know if CADENCE sensor battery is dead?
If the CADENCE sensor battery is low, the ELITE GPS Bike Computer will display a message “ CAD Low Battery.” After this message is displayed, it will continue to work for few more hours. However, when the CADENCE sensor battery is low, it will influence the stability of the connection.
Will AROFLY sensor and CADENCE senor connect to other ELITE GPS Bike computers?
Before leaving the factory, the package containing the AROFLY sensor and CADENCE sensor were paired with the ELITE bike computer. It is via Bluetooth and paired one at a time. Hence it will not connect to other ELITE GPS Bike computers. Unless, you do a Factory Default on the ELITE GPS Bike Computer, then, it will be required to pair the sensors again.
Can the products still be used on rainy days?
All products are water proof and rated, IPX6 to resist high-pressure and heavy sprays of water. For your own safety, in heavy rain conditions it is not recommend to engage in outdoor cycling activity.
Are products with Anti-theft device?
All AROFLY products are quick and simple to Install and uninstall. If your bike needs to be parked outside, it is strongly recommended to uninstall before leaving the bike outside.
Is it required to install the CADENCE sensor if the users only request the data of Power?
The package of the AROFLY ELITE, includes AROFLY power meter sensor, CADENCE senor, and the ELITE GPS bike computer. This package is a complete system to provide overall riding data to the users. By patented algorithm and sensor fusion via powerful MCU computing and filtering, it generates the useful and reliable Power output for users.
It equips accelerator, cadence, altitude sensors as sensor fusion to assist computing and filtering out different road conditions and riding status.
What is L/R PEDAL RATIO? How does it measure?
AROFLY system measures the Dual-Sided PEDAL RATIO.
It measures your Left and Right pedaling velocity from the upper dead point to bottom dead point and through our algorithm to calculate the L/R pedal ratio. When your pedaling force is more, the pedaling velocity is higher. The opposite is true, when pedaling force is less, the pedaling velocity is lower. In regular and normal pedaling, the L/R pedal ratio is positive correlated to power ratio.
Why the data will be delayed for around 2-4 seconds when pedaling?
Breaking the traditional mechanics of power meters, AROFLY simultaneously senses tire pressure variations and analyzes the data by patented algorithms. The system does “AVERAGING” for smooth data output. Therefore, it will take about 4 seconds to analyze when riding indoor and 2 seconds when riding outdoor.
How does it measure Power?
AROFLY Power Meter sensor inbuilt high sensitivity Pressure Sensor can measure the tiny, tire pressure variations. When pedaling, the pedaling force is through the bike transmission system and eventually to the tire, which makes contact with the ground and causes the tire deformation.
This tire deformation varies the tire pressure. AROFLY sensor measures this tire pressure variation and computes via our patent algorithms to get Power Output. The package of AROFLY ELITE, includes AROFLY power meter sensor, CADENCE senor, and ELITE GPS bike computer. It offers accelerator, cadence, altitude sensors as sensor fusion to assist computing and filtering different road circumstances and riding status. This package can be regarded as a system to provide overall riding data to users.
By patented algorithm and sensor fusion via powerful MCU computing and filtering, it generates the useful and reliable Power output to users.
Can the ELITE GPS Bike Computer paired with other brand CADENCE sensors?
The package of AROFLY ELITE is a complete system, we customize the CADENCE sensor with a software for this system only. Hence it is not workable with OTHER CADENCE sensors.
Can AROFLY CADENCE sensor transmit the CADENCE data to other Bike Computers?
The CADENCE sensor in the package is for this system only and will not connect with other bike computers.
Why does it take so long to upload the files to the ACLOUD via the AROFLY 2 APP ?
The upload speed will depend on the Bluetooth specifications and other signal interference. It is recommended to connect the ELITE GPS Bike Computer to the desktop or laptop computer, using the USB, to upload the files.
How to use the device with APP?
Why my riding data cannot be uploaded to cloud?
1. Please make sure the network or Bluetooth is still connected.
2. Uploading a SINGLE FILE, not to exceed 4.6 MB.
SINGLE FILE, over 4.6 MB will not be uploaded.
3. A SINGLE FILE of 4.6 MB allows for 24 hours of riding data.
Only the uploaded data recorded within 24 hours of riding, will be displayed.
4. Can only upload FILES of 5MB or less at ONE TIME.
You can upload multiple files at ONE TIME, but must not exceed 5MB.
5. Maximum of 25 MB can be uploaded in ONE DAY.
Multiple files are not to exceed 25 MB in ONE DAY.
How to upload a data file, via your computer?
The recorded data from the AROFLY ELITE, can be uploaded to the A-CLOUD using the AROFLY APP wirelessly, or through the computer via USB.
1. Uploading the data to the A-CLOUD through the computer:
Step1: After the AROFLY ELITE is connected to the computer via USB, the computer will read the cycling data from the AROFLY ELITE and the afr file will be seen directly in the folder of the computer. (see picture)
Step2: Select the afr file and drag it to the page. (see picture)