How to set up the LINK Transmitter?
Please set up the LINK Transmitter on “AROFLY 2” APP.
On the app setting page, please enter, Bike Type, Wheel Size, User Weight, and select bike trainer when in INDOOR mode.
After filling in the requested data, please click the “confirm” icon.
How to switch INDOOR/OUTDOOR?
To switch INDOOR/OUTDOOR is controlled by the “IN/OUTDOOR” Mode button on the LINK Transmitter. When pressing this button and blue light ON, it is “INDOOR MODE”. In the meantime, please select “Roller” or “Trainer” on “AROFLY 2” APP set up page. When pressing this button again and blue light OFF. It is now the “OUTDOOR MODE”.
If the LINK Transmitter is not set up correctly, what will be the influence?
It will influence the riding data output. Please setup the requested data on “AROFLY 2” APP setting page correctly.
How to connect to other bike computers?
Set the other brand bike computers to pair and connect with the LINK Transmitter.
On the other brand bike computer, please select “power meter” to search and pair with LINK Transmitter.
I cannot install the AROFLY sensor on the tire valve.
Confirm the type of cycle tire valve. The AROFLY sensor can only be used on the rear tire valve, with a Schrader or Presta valve. For the Schrader valve, the AROFLY sensor can be installed directly, and for the Presta valve, please use the adapter included. Ensure that the pin on the Presta valve is open all the way up, then screw on the Presta valve adapter. Ensure you can see or touch the pin on the Presta valve adapter. Then only, screw the AROFLY Sensor on the adapter. You will hear an air sound indicating that the AROFLY sensor pin and the Presta valve pin, have made contact. Continue to screw down quickly and tighten.
AROFLY sensor cannot connect with the LINK Transmitter
- Please confirm the power source is “ON”. (1) Remember to remove the Insulation Tab from the AROFLY sensor. (2) Check if the battery level of the AROFLY sensor or CADENCE sensor is LOW or EMPTY.
Pull and Remove insulation tab from AROFLY AROFLY sensor
Change the battery for the AROFLY sensor CADENCE sensor
Change the battery for the CADENCE sensor
2. It is important to WAKE UP the AROFLY sensor, by gently tapping or knocking the AROFLY sensor.
3. When connecting all sensors, check for any interference from other Bluetooth devices in the approximate area. If possible, try to re-connect in an area with less interference from Bluetooth signals.
4. Avoid barriers between the LINK Transmitter and the sensors, and keep connecting within 20 meters.
Will air escape after installing the AROFLY sensor ?
Tightly twist the AROFLY sensor on the tire valve. This will act like a normal tire valve cap. If the app shows, low tire pressure because the tire was not inflated for a long time, it is normal to see “low tire pressure”. The tire should be inflated to the correct tire pressure.
The riding data is abnormal
1. Please do not use the AROFLY sensor on tires containing a sealant.
2. Low tire pressure: The tire pressure is not at optimal level as per the tire manufacturer’s suggested range. Please inflate your tire to the optimal tire pressure.
3. The BIKE TYPE and Wheel size is not set correctly in the app setting page.
4. The cyclist’s BODY WEIGHT is not set correctly in the app setting page.
5. If riding indoor, but didn’t switch on the indoor button on the LINK Transmitter, nor select trainer from the app setting page.
If riding outdoor, forget to switch off the indoor button on the LINK Transmitter, nor select outdoor from the app setting page.
6. AROFLY sensor, MUST be installed ONLY on the REAR tire. Ensure it is installed correctly.
7. When training indoors, please ensure to use the correct Indoor training equipment. The AROFLY system requires the bike’s rear tire to be on the rollers. Please use the complete roller type, which is, (one roller in front and two rollers at the back) or the rear roller type, which is, (a tripod in the front and a roller behind). It performs better on rollers without the resistance attached.
Rear roller type
8. Please confirm whether the INDOOR/OUTDOOR mode is selected correctly.
a. When riding INDOOR, please press the “INDOOR/OUTDOOR Mode Button” on LINK Transmitter. The LED activity will show “Solid Blue”.
b. When riding OUTDOOR, please press the “INDOOR/OUTDOOR Mode Button” on LINK Transmitter. The LED activity will show “Blue OFF”.
When using the “AROFLY 2” APP to review the real-time riding data, the data is always displaying “0”.
Click “start” icon on the displaying page of “AROFLY 2” APP to start the ride and display data.
Why is it always showing low pressure?
When the tire pressure is at the optimal, but, there is always a warning of ” low tire pressure”. Please check and be sure of the correct bike type and wheel size selection.
Can the CADENCE sensor only be attached on the left crank?
Yes, please attach the CADENCE sensor only on the left crank to avoid sticking with the chainring. Besides, we also provide the L/R Pedal Ratio, attaching on the left crank can provide more accurate data.
No Power output displayed on the other Bike Computers or “AROFLY 2” APP
1. Please confirm whether the valve pin has touched the AROFLY sensor Pin.
2. For the Presta valve, please confirm that the Valve Pin has been loosened and extended completely for the two pins to touch each other allowing the tire air to go through the AROFLY sensor.
Warning messages (AROFLY LED activity on the LINK Transmitter is solid red)
1. INDOOR MODE STILL ON:
Forget to switch OFF the “in/outdoor mode button” on the LINK Transmitter. It shows this warning message.
When riding OUTDOOR, please confirm the INDOOR/OUTDOOR mode LED on LINK Transmitter is OFF.
2. LOW TIRE PRESSURE：
(1) Check whether the tire pressure is at optimal level as the tire manufacturer’s
suggested range. (Such as Road Bike 90~120 psi ; Mountain Bike 35~65psi)
(2) Ensure that the AROFLY sensor has been twisted tight, to avoid air leakage
(3) If the tire is punctured to cause air leakage?
* For Road bikes, if the tire pressure is lower than 80psi, will see the “ Low Tire Pressure”
* For Mountain bikes, if tire pressure is lower than 35psi, will see the “Low Tire Pressure”
3. CHECK VALVE：
The tire air did not go in the AROFLY sensor for the detection.
Please re-install the sensor and twist it tightly. Check for cross thread when twisting the AROFLY sensor on the tire valve.
Why the AROFLY LINK set up page cannot be found on “AROFLY 2” APP?
The set up page will be shown only when the LINK Transmitter is connected with “AROFLY 2” APP.
Do I have to update the firmware?
For best performance on your device, please ensure to keep the firmware updated.
How to update the firmware?
“AROFLY 2” APP will allow you to check and install the latest firmware.
How to make sure if LINK transmitter has successfully connected with AROFLY sensor and CADENCE sensor?
Please check the status of below LED activities.
**AROFLY sensor—Please check if AROFLY LED activity on the LINK Transmitter is solid blue.
**CADENCE sensor—Please check if CADENCE LED activity on the LINK Transmitter is solid blue.
Will AROFLY sensor and CADENCE senor connect to other LINK Transmitter?
Before leaving the factory, the package containing the AROFLY sensor and CADENCE sensor were paired with the LINK transmitter. It is via Bluetooth and paired one at a time. Hence it will not connect to other LINK transmitter. Unless, you do a Factory Default on the LINK transmitter, then, it will be required to pair the sensors again.
Can the products still be used on rainy days?
All products are water proof and rated, IPX6 to resist high-pressure and heavy sprays of water. For your own safety, in heavy rain conditions it is not recommend to engage in outdoor cycling activity .
Are products with Anti-theft device?
All AROFLY products are quick and simple to Install and uninstall. If your bike needs to be parked outside, it is strongly recommended to uninstall before leaving the bike outside.
Is it required to install the CADENCE sensor if the users only request the data of Power? Solution:
The package of the AROFLY LINK, includes AROFLY power meter sensor, CADENCE senor, and the LINK transmitter. This package is a complete system to provide overall riding data to the users. By patented algorithm and sensor fusion via powerful MCU computing and filtering, it generates the useful and reliable Power output for users.
It offers accelerator, cadence, altitude sensors as sensor fusion to assist computing and filtering out different road conditions and riding status.
What is L/R PEDAL RATIO? How does it measure?
AROFLY system measures the Dual-Sided PEDAL RATIO.
It measures your Left and Right pedaling velocity from the upper dead point to bottom dead point and through our algorithm to calculate the L/R pedal ratio. When your pedaling force is more, the pedaling velocity is higher. The opposite is true, when pedaling force is less, the pedaling velocity is lower. In regular and normal pedaling, the L/R pedal ratio is positive correlated to power ratio.
Why the data will be delayed for around 2-4 seconds when pedaling?
Breaking the traditional mechanics of power meters, AROFLY simultaneously senses tire pressure variations and analyzes the data by patented algorithms. The system does “AVERAGING” for smooth data output. Therefore, it will take about 4 seconds to analyze when riding indoor and 2 seconds when riding outdoor.
How does it measure Power?
AROFLY Power Meter sensor inbuilt high sensitivity Pressure Sensor can measure the tiny, tire pressure variations. When pedaling, the pedaling force is through the bike transmission system and eventually to the tire, which makes contact with the ground and causes the tire deformation.
This tire deformation varies the tire pressure. AROFLY sensor measures this tire pressure variation and computes via our patent algorithms to get Power Output. The package of AROFLY LINK, includes AROFLY power meter sensor, CADENCE senor, and LINK transmitter. It offers accelerator, cadence, altitude sensors as sensor fusion to assist computing and filtering different road circumstances and riding status. This package can be regarded as a system to provide overall riding data to users.
By patented algorithm and sensor fusion via powerful MCU computing and filtering, it generates the useful and reliable Power output to users.
Can the LINK transmitter paired with other brand CADENCE sensors?
The package of AROFLY LINK is a complete system, we customize the CADENCE sensor with a software for this system only. Hence it is not workable with OTHER CADENCE sensors.
Can AROFLY CADENCE sensor transmit the CADENCE data to other Bike Computers?
The CADENCE sensor in the package is for this system only and will not connect with other bike computers.
How to safely secure the LINK Transmitter to the HOLDER?
Use one of the rubber ties to go around the length of the LINK Transmitter to secure it to the holder. Please refer to the VIDEO for more details.